New product – Snapper is a photographic sweep stand kit for custom rod builders
Take high quality photos of your rods, without the need for sophisticated equipment, fancy software or specialized knowledge of photography.
Each Snapper kit consists of the following items:
- 3 x Original Snapper Stands, for holding your rod as well as supporting a backdrop in the perfect position
- 2 x Wrapper Snapper Stands, designed to hold a backdrop behind your rod while it remains supported by your lather or wrapping stands
- Multiple backdrops in various colors (a selection of plain colors plus a small selection of textured scenes)
- Light-diffusing sheet
- Instructions for use (also refer to this site)
What you’ll need (not included)
- A digital camera / smartphone
- A source of bright light (sunlight, room lighting, floodlights etc.)
- A camera tripod (not essential)
Your Snapper kit comes packaged in a clear, sturdy plastic envelope so it’s always ready to go. It’s everything you need to start taking great photos, in one package.
There are three easy steps to taking better rod photos:
1. SNAP your photo, using the snapper kit
The Snapper in use, set up on a typical work bench. If the lighting is harsh you can use the light-diffusing sheet, pulled up over the rod and your head, to create a light-tent effect. This evens out and softens the lighting, leading to much nicer looking photos.
2. SNIP your photo, cropping out extra details
3. SHARE your photo, and build your social media profile!
Better Pics = More Sales!
Quality photos can differentiate you from your competition by highlighting your workmanship and signalling the pride you take in your work. A great photo may be the difference between a sale or not, and may let you command higher prices for your work. If sales are not your goal, great photos let you create beautiful memories worthy of sharing.
Each of the following shots was taken using the Original Snapper. Unique backdrops (e.g. the shark & the camo theme) were found online and then printed and used with the Snapper stands. Use your imagination to create a unique look. Visit your local craft store (Michael’s, Hobby Lobby etc) to find scrapbooking paper with the texture you want. The most effective backgrounds are typically textured but non-distracting.
Where to buy